Thursday 12 June 2014

Win a signed 1st edition of Notes on a Rebellion


My beloved Ordinary
'Ordinary is the only member of my family I managed to hang on to when we were arrested.  I watch him gnawing and playing with the deer bone.  For once in a very long time my best friend has found some bone-shaped happiness.  It was a risk to go out just before blackout, but watching him now, I'm glad I did.
Ordinary playing happily with his bone makes me feel better so I leave my cell and go into the communal area at the centre of the shelter.  The dweller’s cells – their own little piece of privacy in our prison – run along the length of the building.  At mealtimes it feels like King's Cross Station at rush-hour, with dwellers spilling out of the cells like passengers leaving their carriages and hurrying out onto the platform.  I like the hustle and bustle and the sing-song undertone of the dweller’s chatter.  It reminds me of where I came from.'
You could WIN a Signed First Edition Copy of Valentina Hepburn's incredible
Notes On A Rebellion. It's FREE to enter. Go to
www.valentinahepburn.com

No comments:

The Blogettes